- Baby romaine lettuce with roasted garlic dressing, warm hominy croutons and a parmesan crisp.
- Rough cut tuna nachos with mango habanero sauce and avocado crema.
- Sophies chopped salad, with her special dressing and crispy tortillas
- Sixteen spice chicken with tamarind barbecue sauce, red cabbage and jicama slaw.
- Cascabel chile crusted rabbit with toasted cous cous, oyster mushrooms smoked red pepper sauce and queso blanco
- Grilled lamb porterhouse chops with preserved serrano chili vingar sauce and chorizo. with a goat cheese tamale topped with cilantro butter.
- Side dish of creamed corn, with achiote manchego cheese with cilantro and lime. Its not on the menu so be sure to ask for it. It was the most memorable of our meal.
And now the break down. We had reservations… and still had to wait 25 minutes to get seated. Not a good start. I was getting worried that my second experience at this restaurant was not going to equal my first experience. Unfortunately I was right…mostly. The food had good flavor but it wasn’t bold and spicy like before. In fact our waiter overheard us and brought us a spicy habanero chipotle sauce to put the bite back in the food.
The menu has not changed for the last two years. Like most, I think the name is selling the food. I will give this place another chance if the menu is updated and Bobby Flay brings back the heat. If he doesn’t, I will stand on the counter and demand it, and then patiently wait for security to escort me out.